Friday, June 15, 2007

Day Four - Epcot / Magic Kingdom


Well, I'd better get back to the Disney journal before we forget the details. On Saturday of our trip, we started the day off by meeting the Lunds at Epcot Center. There were a couple of "thrill" rides I really wanted to check out, and you have to be there in the a.m. if you don't want to wait in line forever. So we did a few small rides and then Kim, Dan, Brady, Mykiah, and Grandma went to check out the ride "Soarin." You are seated in these hang-glider like seats and then you raise up in the air. Then you are watching this IMAX type film that takes you over oceans, mountains, orange groves (you can smell them!), etc. and it really feels like you're flying. Now, none of the women in my family are particularly crazy about heights but since you aren't literally flying, I figured it would be fine. So Grandma comes off the ride..... "How was it?" I ask. "It was awesome," she replies. So now it's our turn - me, John, Chesney, and Olivia go board the hang gliders. It was awesome. We meet up with everyone at a restaurant for lunch. Kim tells me, "Mom hated it. She didn't open her eyes the whole time." "No, she told me she loved it," I say. "She lied. She just didn't want you to chicken out." The other ride we did was Test Track which turned out to be my favorite ride of any we went on. I'd put the picture of us on it up but Disney won't let me copy it.

So instead I put a picture of Olivia sleeping on her dad's shoulders while we check out the huge aquarium at Epcot. There's just so much to do in that park, we couldn't possibly get it all done. So we headed back to the hotel for some R&R before another big night at Magic Kingdom. John, Olivia and I were headed there to watch the parade at 9 p.m. Grammy stayed at the hotel with Emery (thanks Grammy) so the three of us could have a really magical evening. I think I can do a whole other entry about the parade evening so I'll leave that for next time.

No comments: