Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Today.....

I was reminded that although being a grown-up is hard, so is being a kid. It's easy to forget that kids have stress too because I'm always thinking about the stress in mine. But it's definitely not easy to be a kid trying to figure out how to stand up for someone without alienating others, how to get yourself out of a mess you've created, and how to follow everyone's different rules.

I figured our taxes and was pleased we would get a refund. Started the car and the engine light came on along with an error message I'd never seen before. Bye-bye refund. Figures.

I worked out and although it doesn't appear to be having any real effect, I'm hoping it secretly is. And that one day I'll step on the scale, and the pounds will all be gone. Or my butt won't look like two separate body parts when I'm working out on that stair stepper machine.

No comments: